WORK AND NON-WORK ATTITUDES STUDY
Note: To be eligible to participate in this study, you need to be married, work full time, and be able to provide spousal and supervisory ratings (see instructions below).
Thank you for agreeing to participate in the work and non-work affect and attitudes study. The study will run over the course of two weeks, the target period being February 2-13. This study entails the completion of five different types of surveys:
1. The "Self-Rating Survey" needs only to be completed once, and it should take approximately 30 minutes to complete. This survey is available on-line, please follow the link at the bottom of this page to complete it. This survey should be completed by January 24.
2. The "Daily Work Survey" is to be completed once each day, from work, for a period of two weeks (excluding weekends). This survey is available on-line (please see the link at the bottom of this page), and it takes 5 minutes or less to complete. You will receive a reminder to complete this survey every morning. If you are away from the Internet on a specific day (or do not have access due to technical reasons), you can complete up to four of the daily work surveys on paper. We will mail you four survey forms. You can preview the daily work survey at Download page.
3. The "Daily Non-Work Survey" is to be completed once each day, from a non-work location. These survey are to be completed on paper, and they take 5 minutes or less to complete. We will mail you printed survey forms. To preview this survey or to print out additional surveys, go to the Download page. You will receive an e-mail reminder to complete this survey every day before you leave work.
4. The "Significant Other Survey" is to be completed once by your spouse. This survey is very short, and it should take approximately 5 minutes to complete. Like with the Daily Non-Work Survey, we will mail you printed survey forms. To preview this survey or to print out additional surveys, go to the Download page.
5. The "Supervisor Survey" is to be completed once by your supervisor. This survey is very short, and it should take approximately 5 minutes to complete. We will mail you printed survey forms. To preview this survey or to print out additional surveys, go to the Download page.
Before you start participating in this study, please read the informed consent below. If you agree with the informed consent, you can start you participation by signing up for the study on the Sign-up page.
If you have questions, please email Remus at email@example.com.
We greatly appreciate your participation in this important research.
|Tim Judge and Remus Ilies Department of Management University of Florida|
INFORMED CONSENT FOR WORK AND NONWORK ATTITUDES STUDY
You are invited to participate in a research study on the relationship of work and nonwork attitudes, and their relationships to mood and personality. You were selected as a possible participant because your are registered as a participant with studyresponse.com. We ask that you read this form and ask any questions you may have before agreeing to be in the study.
This study is being conducted by:
Timothy A. Judge, Matherly-McKethan Eminent Scholar of Management, University of Florida
Remus Ilies, PhD Candidate, Management Department, University of Florida
The purpose of this study is to learn more about the role of personality and moods in the reporting of work and nonwork attitudes.
If you agree to be in this study, we will ask you to do the following things:
1. You will be asked to complete a survey that will take approximately 30 minutes
2. Over the course of two weeks (excepting the weekend), you will be asked to complete two very brief (5 minutes or less) surveys each day Monday-Friday. While at work, you will complete these surveys on-line at an Internet address that will be given to you. While away from work (once each evening), the surveys you complete will be on paper, but they also will take 5 minutes or less to complete. Thus, in total, you will complete 20 of these brief surveys over two weeks-10 at work and 10 at home.
3. Additionally, your spouse will be asked to complete a brief survey, and your supervisor will be asked to complete a brief survey as well. Their responses to these surveys are strictly confidential (as are your own responses).
You do not have to answer any question you do not wish to answer. The ratings you provide will be combined with those of other participants in this research.
Risks and Benefits of Being in the Study:
Participation in this study entails no more than minimal risk.
In return for your participation, you will receive a $50 payment after the completion of the study. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to receive feedback results that compare your attitudes to those of other individuals in the study. These results may interest you.
Your identity will kept confidential to the extent provided by law. The records of this study will be kept private. Your surveys will contain a code number that is matched to your name so we can track your responses, and pay you when you are finished. The file containing your StudyResponse ID number will be deleted once the study is finished. The electronic database of responses will not identify you in any way. Thus, there will be no way for you to be associated with your responses. Therefore, in any sort of report we might publish, it will not be possible to identify you as a subject in this research.
Voluntary Nature of the Study:
Your decision whether or not to participate will not affect your current or future relations with the University of Florida. If you decide to participate, you are free to withdraw at any time without affecting those relationships.
Contacts and Questions:
The researchers conducting this study are Timothy A. Judge and Remus Ilies. If you have questions, you may contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, or at 352-392-0163. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this study and would like to talk to someone other than the researcher(s), contact the UFIRB office, Box 112250, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611-2250, (352) 392-0433.
You may print a copy of this form to keep for your records.
Statement of Consent:
I have read the procedure described above. I agree to participate in the procedure and I have received a copy of this description (available from download on the Download page).
If you agree to participate, please sign up for the study on the Sign-up page.
If you have already signed up, click on the links below to select the surveys that you want to complete:
Self-Rating Survey (to be completed once)
Daily Work Survey (to be completed daily from work, for 10 days)
To download printable forms for the surveys please go to: Download page